This is a really tasty and simple pasta dish that makes a nice change from tomato sauce.
It takes about half an hour to make it, and makes everybody happy.
5 medium sized courgettes
6 cloves of garlic
2 table spoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 tea spoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Olive oil - 6 tablespoons
250gm pasta (penne)
3 table spoons water
Extra virgin olive oil - 6 table spoons
3 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat a large pan on medium heat and add the olive oil.
2. Grate the garlic into the pan.
3. Chop all courgettes into thin strips and add to the pan.
4.Meanwhile, start boiling water for the pasta in the kettle and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
5. Add the salt and pepper to the pan.
6. Keep the lid on the pan and stir the mixture every few minutes so that it doesn't stick to the bottom. Add water to the pan if the mixture starts to dry out.
7. The courgettes will start to soften and mix with the garlic and start looking like a paste.
8. Add the parmesan and stir it well.
Once pasta is cooked, drain it and add the pasta to the mixture, stir well.
Serve it on three plates, drizzle the 2 table spoons of olive oil and one tea spoon of parmesan on each plate.